Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week of greatness

This week has been great for despite still struggling through my ear infection. After getting the news from my doctor that my choices were to wait it out or have a tube put in, I decided it was time to getting vocalizing again despite only hearing normally on one side. I went to my lesson and got to work. Though the sound in my head is muffled, my pitch was pretty good and my languages are getting better and better. Throughout the week, my songs have been playing in my head so I know that my memory is getting better too. Today I practiced with Mr. Phil and it was awesome as well. We went through some of the songs that haven't been focused on in lessons and even with some stumbles it all went well. He even said that my languages have improved since last semester. I asked him how my voice sounded since it's odd in my head and he said that it was sounding great. You combine all this breakthrough work with the wonderful weather of this week and my mood couldn't get any better. Now it's time to keep listening and practicing and get ready for my jury in a month. :S

1 comment:

  1. GREAT, Matt! So glad your rehearsal went well! As soon as those new songs are perfectly learned, we will re-visit those from past semesters. I am really glad to hear that you are feeling positive about life. Isn't it cool that we get to sing for a living? Imagine sitting in a cubicle for the rest of your life. It would be a good living, but not good for living life!
    Keep it up---I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete