Thursday, February 24, 2011

The stress never ends

So this week began with yet again another trip to the doctor's office. Four weeks in a row.  :(   Though I'm now recovering and closer to normal, I was/am suffering from a head/chest cold virus. That put me once again in the position that my practice was limited to listening to my recordings. I am soooo stressed with all of this. Going from singing to I can't sing. I still can't hear myself correctly because of my left ear (which is slowing getting better) but still. I'm starting to freak out since my jury in only a few weeks away and I haven't perform anything this semester. I'm still trying to get out of my music and into memory. I was so worried about it last night that it took me two hours to fall asleep after I took medicine with codeine in it. I'm just so worried that I won't pass my jury because I don't have any other options. Next semester is student teaching so it can't be pushed back. And this streak of illness is disrupting other classes too. There is just so much riding on all this right now that I can't really afford (in all meanings) to screw this up. I just need a miracle.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a similar position Matt. I just had my wisdom teeth pulled today, and I'm going crazy getting nervous about passing! Just know that I'm praying for you and you'll pull through and be amazing! Anything I can do to help let me know.

    P.S. I hear ya about the whole codeine thing, I'm taking it too and sometimes it doesn't put me to sleep! too nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Matty! I am so sorry you are experiencing this time of lousy health. Keep in mind that much of practice time can be done through score study---I am sure you could do more of this:-)
    As you are sitting right here in my office with me, and I am smiling at you, don't forget to practice the songs that have not been touched for a while. Those need your full attention with your jury right around the corner. Take care of yourself....don't work too terribly hard, and keep listening! Hopefully this will get out of your system by spring break and we can enjoy that beautiful voice of yours!

    ReplyDelete